Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Tag: Top 10 Drugstore Products

Fafinettex3 did her top 10 drugstore products the other day on YouTube, so I thought I'd chime in with my two cents.It's probably useful to first explain my skin. I'm an NC45 with a South Asian background. I have combination skin. I get oily on my forehead and cheeks, but always dry on my nose and chin.

1.Maybelline Define-A-Lash: this product does exactly what it claims. It defines and lengthens every single lash without clumping. It does not volumize though, so if you're happy with your lash length, go for this one. I also love the waterproof formula and how it holds a curl all day long.


2.Soft Lips: This works so wonderfully well. The consistency and non-greasy moisture is way better than Chapstick.

3. Tresemee Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray: I have to either blowdry or straighten my hair every day, so I know I'm protecting it by using this before doing all that stuff. Ooh and it smells good too.

4. Goody StayPut Elastics and Hairbands: These elastic scrunchies and hair bands are amazing. They are nonslip, grip really well, and don't pull out my hair when I take em off. I use the headband when I workout or play tennis--not one hair outta place.

5. Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser: I've bought this for the 2nd time now and love it even more. I've written about it in an older post.

6. Oil of Olay Refreshing Toner: Wonderful smelling stuff, and it contains witch hazel. You're better off buying this over the expensive department store toners. Again, blogged about this before


7. Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion: This is so much to love here. It's gentle, quick absorbing, nice smelling, super moisturizing and non-greasy. It's good in the winter and summer times. Not to mention the price! Seriously, I used to buy stuff from Bath and Body works, but its so greasy, over-perfumed and hard to absorb, that I am just gonna stick to this forever.

8. Uncoated Aspirin: This stuff is the cheapest and most effective exfoliator/face brightening mask. I mix it with honey, yogurt, random cream cleansers or masks, and I have a great weekend treatment.


9. OPI nailpolishes: sigh how can you not love these beauties? Their color selection and staying power are BEST, I just wish that I could find these somewhere for a better price!

10. Random brand Eyelash Curler from Target: I haven't tried any other eyelash curlers, but this one works great for me.

What are your top 10 drugstore products?

5 comments:

The_Perfectionist said...

hey ! u should put a pic up so that when u follow people it will show ! thanks for stopping byyy!

Ashwini said...

Good idea, will do. Thanks for your comment. :)

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

Thank you for your sweet comment ;) I love Nivea extreme moisture lotion in the blue bottle it is amazing.

The_Perfectionist said...

hey, i used the hip cream liner :)

smethe said...

http://www.dolabuy.ru/ch%C4%81nei-c-209_211/top-2020-ankle-boots-012-p-2430.html>r9n14f0l20 l0o83w5u36 b8p37z3z46 d3d84h4j68 t1i32c0y84 g4l56p2x43

Post a Comment