Monday, September 21, 2009

MAC Mini Haul

 I invested in a couple of basics today. If Tim Gunn had a "10 Things Every Woman Should Have in Her Makeup Collection", these two would definitely make the list.
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved

I tend to start small then graduate to the good stuff when it comes to makeup. I first bought a liquid liner from the Mary Kay signature line. The application sucked and  it wasn't waterproof. Then I got L'Oreal HIP black gel liner, which dried out on me in a month. Then I bought Coastal Scents' gel liner in Truffle, not black, but that didn't stand out on my skin color. Sooo after spending all that time and money, I finally went and bought MAC Fluidline. Yeah. Shoulda done that first.

I've graduated to the Powerpoint after putting up with my crappy Jordana liner forever. I don't even know why I bothered with Jordana. It looked good for about 1 hour. By the end of the day, it was all gone except for a black spot at the end of my waterline. So I went to the mall yesterday and swatched the Powerpoint Engraved alongside other MAC liners, plus the Urban Decay 24/7 Zero. Here's a swatch pictured after a whole day of walking around, using a hand sanitizer, and washing my hands multiple times. The only mark left is Engraved:

So if you use something everyday, buy the best. It's worth it, n'est-ce pas? 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you used your new eye pencil yet? Let me know how it is b/c I am going to MAC this weekend... ;-)

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

thank you for your comment, I think the necklace I was wearing was from Forever 21, it is my sister's :)

Hope you had a lovely day!

Computergirl said...

I have heard a lot of good things about MACs fluid line. I think I will have to look at it next time I am at a MAC stand. :)

Ashwini said...

@Suchi: I've only used it for a couple of days so far. If I line just below my waterline, it's staying put. But if I only line the waterline, it goes away. It's NOT smudging, but even after lining with some black e/s, it's going away...I'm gonna have to hit up my MAC counter and see if I'm doing something wrong.

Ashwini said...

@ Lions, Tigers and Fasion: Man, as much as I love F21's prices, I find that its a hit or miss. Sometimes, I'll find a ton of stuff, other times there's nothing. But its always worth a peek.

Ashwini said...

@Computergirl: Definitely check out Fluidline. But it's also all about the brush you use. I recommend the Loew Cornell I've mentioned in my previous post.

Post a Comment