Friday, September 4, 2009

Review: Egyptian Magic

Egyptian Magic has taken the world by storm. It claims to moisturizes the face, lips, and any part of the body. Its also supposed to remedy pimples, eczema, and psoriasis. At $40 a jar, it better be a multitasker!

I got a free sample of this stuff at my local Whole Foods Market. After using it for a few weeks now, I don't know if I'm such a big fan. I put it on my face only once, and next thing morning, I had multiple zits! I should've known because while putting this stuff on my face, I just felt...wrong. A lot of YouTubers swear that this stuff sinks right into your skin after a few minutes, but I felt this stuff on my face for a long time. So yeah, I'm definitely not using this on my face anymore for fear it may break me out again.

On the plus side, this is one amazing lip balm. I put it on a couple of times throughout the day, and it really stays put, and prevents my lips from being flaky. But I don't think a glorified lip balm justifies buying the full size.

Overall, I reluctantly give this product a thumbs down. Why? 1) $40?! Really?! I mean that's one expensive chapstick. 2) The smell is yucky and takes a bit of getting used to. 3) The packaging sucks. I mean if this product has such a big cult following, why can't the jar look a little more luxurious?

1 comments:

Post a Comment