1. Remove makeup using an oil-based cleanser. I'm loving the St. Ives Olive Cleanser. Massage 2 pumps worth of product into the face for 10 sec, and wash off. Concentrate your massaging on problem areas.
2. Wash your face with an oil-free cleanser that contains salicylic acid. I'm loving Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser. Massage 2 pumps of product onto your face for 30 sec. The coldness of the cleanser is great for your skin. Wash your face and pat dry with a towel.
3. Using a square cotton pad, apply toner. I highly recommend Oil of Olay Refreshing Toner
4. Apply a 10% benzoyl peroxide treatment to your zits and surrounding areas. I'm using Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Treatment Cream. Benzoyl peroxide works even better if its refrigerated.
5. Fill a small Ziplock bag with ice cubes. Place the bag on your zits for no more than 5 sec at a time. Do this for 10 min, then throw away the ice and keep the ziplock bag for future use.
Once your acne has cleared up, maintain good skin by following steps 1-3 at night, and 2+3 in the morning. In the morning, follow up with a good oil-free moisturizer.