- Exercise increases blood flow, which provides your skin cells with more oxygen. Oxygen kills bacteria. This is the main way that Benzoyl Peroxide works on your pimples.
- When you sweat, your pores excrete dirt, dead skin, and excess sebum. So if you're not sweating everyday, you basically have constipated pores. Eeew.
- Exercise makes your kidneys and liver remove toxins from your body more effectively.
- Exercise reduces stress and releases pleasure hormones called endorphins. Stress is a common cause of acne (pre-exam blemishes anyone?)
I've started working out 4-5 days a week in the last 2 months, and I've found a couple of tricks to stick to it:
- Get a gym buddy.
- Go to a luxurious gym.
- Buy hot gym clothes.
- Skip the machines, go for classes.