Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Favorite Products Under $10

Today I wanted to share with you some products I've loved for a while, all of which are well under $10 and are readily available at drugstores or Target.

First up are lip products. I love my Maybelline Sensational lipstick in Warm Me Up (hand swatch is the top one). It's a cool toned rose color that looks good on its own, or even better, combined with brown lipstick like MAC Chintz on Chintz (full review here)
Next is the  NYX lipgloss in Ice Princess (full review here). This is a sheer pink color with tiny sparkles. A bit ho hum to be fair, but a staple nevertheless.

This summer, I am taking sun protection very seriously, which means I am going through a LOT of product. This is why I love Coppertone oil-free sunscreen lotion for Faces in SPF 30, because A) it is a bargain, B) it sinks into the skin quickly and C) its completely invisible under makeup. I even slather this on my neck and on the hubby's face. Seriously, in the summer, sunscreen is as important as water. So don't buy Evian when you could buy a Brita filter and chug with no guilt. ;-)
Next is Boots Botanics Soothing Eye Makeup Remover with Iceland Moss. This is SUCH an effective eye makeup remover. I just take a small amount on a square cotton pad and hold it against my eyelids and lashes. My mascara melts off with nary a pull nor tug. Very very good for someone who is starting to notice fine lines (eeeeek!)

If you've read this blog long enough, you know I can't stop singing the praises of Maybelline Colossal Volum' mascara. It's FIERCE. One coat is great for work, and 3 coats would be accepted by...well...Prince Poppycock (look it up, its worth it).

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Revlon Colorstay in this list. Although its $12.99, and not technically under $10, a BOGO deal from Revlon can make this a bargain. This has been my go-to foundation for the summer because it does. not. budge. I apply it sparingly with a damp sponge, then set it with a mineral veil by Coastal Scents. And bam. I am matte and polished ad infinitum.

Last but not least is my little unsung hero: a Target brand eyelash curler. I have used this constantly for 1 year, and it still works, hasn't broken on me, and curls my lashes very well. With a bit of waterproof mascara, my lashes stay curled all day long. Lovely.

That's it for my favorite products under $10. A big thanks to Sarah from YouTube's Sardun1 and Bella Makeup for inspiring me to do this post.

blog comments powered by Disqus