Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Mario Badescu Healing and Soothing Mask

Ever go on a mad witch hunt to exterminate every pimple on your face, only to win the battle and realize you're now looking at dry, battle-worn skin? Yeah. That would be me. When I break out, I launch crusades against my zits by throwing at them every harsh chemical in my bathroom cabinet. I pick, prod, mask, and scrub until they're all gone. Enter Mario Badescu's Healing and Soothing Mask. This was sent to me as free sample back in December. Here's the sample and a swatch of the mask:


The description on MB's website reads: Speeds healing of acne-erupted skin, Soothes redness and irritation, and Balances out drying acne products. 

Honestly, I am not sure about how to review this product. I've had it since early December and have only used it 2 times. On the plus side, the mask has a smooth texture, and it doesn't dry on your skin and give you that "I can't move my face" feeling. However, the smell is disgusting to me because its like vanilla and cardamom mixed together. I can imagine other girls liking this because I know Lush's fruity/feminine soaps are a big hit but I personally think they are overpoweringly girly. I'm more drawn to herbal, citrusy, clean scents.

The weird scent aside, I do want to use this mask more because it does make my skin feel balanced (i.e., no more oily and dry patches). Overall, I have to say its a nice mask because it's quite a unique product in my collection. Not sure if I'd purchase the full size though, because man, that scent is pissing me off. However, if you like vanilla and girly scents, feel free to get the sample from MB!

Do you guys have any balancing masks that you really like? If I found a nice one in the drugstore (or Lush hehehe), I'd be so joyous. Most of my masks are super drying (ie aspirin, clay, etc.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you =P. Have to tried Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic? I've had it for a couple of days now and i find it gentle enough to use everyday on my dry skin. it smells so nice (nicer than all the other masks that Lush do) and it's suppose be good for blemishes... I just think it's super gentle and lovely =).

X

Ashwini said...

Hey Linda, no I've not tried it but it sounds great! Thanks for making my Lush wishlist larger. ;) It was small because I just bought a couple of things from them, but now I'm on the prowl for more muahahahaha. ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's exactly what happened to me... Hence my massive Lush hauls LOL. I need to go back for more! LOL. But the facial mask I recommend is a product that really stands out for me, I think it's great and I'll do a review soon =).

X

Divija Reddy said...

Vanilla n cardamom? so, u end up smelling like a spice rack and dessert together! wow, ashwini! thats unusual! glad u like it, finally!

do they ship samples to UK as well? i dont think they wud b so convenient!

ashwini, i want 2 tell u somethin' donno y but i feel we met before...may be...previous life hahaha...take care luv

LipGlossGossip said...

Oh yeah you should try it! I was just telling Cristina that Sephora makes a small 3oz for $10. Even though it's kinda expensive for face wash I felt like it was worth it after I tried it! I ended up getting the full size! I've used MAC cleanse off oil as well but I prefer Purity. :-)

Unknown said...

It seems like Mario Badescu is becoming more and more popular in the world of skincare these days!!! I am in love with the strawberry scrub. :)

Lilladylife said...

hmmmmmmmmm i have been super interested in trying MB products! Thanks for this review

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Ugh! Hate breaking out. Sometimes my back breaks out and it's so embarrassing!

Ashwini said...

@Divija: aww thanks girl. Forget last life, we've met in this life through a mutual obsession with the superficial. ;)

@LipGlossGossip: ooh I didn't know Purity could be had for a tenner. Will head to Sephora once my cleanser is out!

@Kate: I Lohohohove the strawberry scrub and have reviewed it before. My eyes are set on the whitening mask now cuz I have pigmentation from acne scars.

@lilluna5416: glad this helped you out!

@Tris: hang in there, I'm almost 26 and STILL break out right on my face. Just gotta stay positive and keep trying out routines till one works and then stick to it!

thusha said...

why not find out more louis vuitton replica hop over to this website high quality replica bags you can try this out bag replica high quality

tysoo said...

replica gucci j01 q2r79w5d55 replica wallets j78 k9e31m6e69 replica bags o34 z7k60i8f65

Post a Comment