Coconut oil is one of the best things on earth for nourishing your hair. It's used all over the Indian subcontinent for promoting hair growth, and getting thick shiny hair. In fact Indian men obsess with long hair to the point of it being a national fetish. Here, look at this ridiculous image:
Here are a couple of tips on coconut oil:
- Buy it from your local Indian store not the drugstore (see picture here). Coconut oil has only recently made a splash in the western hemisphere, so I'm pretty sure drugstore prices are far higher than the Indian store prices. I paid $2.99 for mine.
- Coconut Oil is equally beneficial for your scalp and the ends of your hair, so massage it all over!
- Oil works much better when warmed up. Your pores just invite it in. So don't apply oil straight outta the bottle. Pour it into a small bowl, and microwave until it's lukewarm.
- Look for enriched coconut oil in Indian stores. That means that the coconut oil has other awesome oils and extracts added to it. Dabur's Enriched coconut oil also contains:
- Triphala for hair growth
- Brahmi for luster
- Henna for thickening
- Neem for removing dandruff
- Lemon for exfoliating away dead cells
- Rosemary for softening
- Kapurkachri for its antiseptic and antioxidant properties
- and Soya Extract for increasing hair growth
AndreasChoice has a pretty cool tutorial on how to apply hair oil, so check that out. Happy hair days!
PS. A HUGE bear hug to all my awesome followers! I feel so welcomed into the blogging community! If you ever want to request a post, or just want to tell me that I'm boring you to death, holler at your girl. I LOVE hearing from you all!