Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An acquired taste

Three months ago, my friend gave me a certain cult product that she absolutely hated. According to her, this blush simply did not show up on her skin (which is about an NC15 I'd wager).

It was NARS Orgasm. Now even if someone gives me a product that they personally don't like, I love receiving it because A) it might work on me, and B) I may have a great time reviewing a dud for you guys.

As you can see, she had hit pan on the blush, not because of utter devotion to the product, but because it took a tremendous amounts of swipes to see any color on her cheeks:

After using this product for 1 month, I completely agreed with her. It sucked. I started visualizing blog posts titled "Are you faking Orgasm?". But over time, although it was nothing more than a subtle sheer shimmer, my hand kept reaching for the big O. Was it because of its reputation? Was I just giddy that I was wearing NARS Orgasm? (ok yes a little). Or, was I truly enjoying this peachy pink shimmery blush?

In the second month, I began to admire the versatility of this blush. It paired just as well with smokey eyes as it did with a boring all-over-the-lid-out-the-door eyes. 

But my respect turned into love in the last 3-4 days. This weekend, while visiting my sister in London, I regularly did my mom and sister's makeup. The two women's complexions range between NC30 - NC45. Orgasm looked amazing on both of them even though they have vast differences in skin tones and age.

I have to hand it to NARS. They have hit upon a blush whose shade and texture truly works across all ages, colors and makeup looks. Well done Orgasm. It took me a while to get it, but I finally got it. And it was goood. ;)

blog comments powered by Disqus